24 March 2015

Missing You

I think this is possibly my first romantic thriller. It’s not a genre I usually read. So I gave it the first page test. And it passed with flying colours.

Aisha is missing. She’s been a little erratic and definitely unhappy since Ryan, the love of her life, recently walked out the door. Theirs was a match made in forever, so it’s a devastating adjustment.

One phone call and she's gone. There’s one thing everyone is certain of. Her father. Her sister. And Ryan, when he finds out. Aisha would never abandon her son. Eli is a special needs child who is the focus of her life and ironically, the source of her problems with Ryan.

There is a tangle of twists and turns to be unraveled and any discussion of those would spoil the reading experience.

A highlight for me was the developing relationship between Eli and his elderly grandfather, suddenly lumbered with the care of a difficult child he barely knows. It’s sensitively and beautifully written, with a touch of well-placed humour.

I read this book in one session -  an entertaining, comfortable read that I found impossible to put down.

Reviewed by Sandy Fussell

This book was read as part of the 2015 Aussie Author Challenge hosted by Booklover Book Reviews

Title: Missing You
Author: Kylie Kaden
Publisher:  Bantam, Random House
Publication Date: $32.99 RRP
Format: Paperback
ISBN: 9780857987167
Type: Adult Fiction

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh...I've never heard of this book, and I'm intrigued. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete